Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Best Paddle of 2010

It is the time of year where I reflect back on all of the kayaking from last season and randomly pick one paddle to call the best of the year.
2010 was a slow kayaking year for me because of major life events. The year started off with a bang and I got to spend three days paddling with Sea Kayaking luminaries at the Rough Water Symposium. It was a good time and I got some great exposure to rough water stick paddling.
There were also some nice relaxing summer paddles that rejuvenated the spirit.
The best "paddle" of this year for me was the birth of Kenzie. It was a grand adventure that tested our emotional metal. The following six months have been a wild ride as well. I know it will keep changing and getting better.

1 comment:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying this wild ride with you and so look forward to sharing many many paddles with you and Kbug!

    ReplyDelete